Kahamala Rice/ කහමාල සහල්
Kahamala is another variety of traditional red rice. Kahamala is ideal for lever and diseases.
- Maintaining the health of the digestive system
- Prevention of anemia
- Cancer prevention
- For the treatment of osteoarthritis
- Maintaining gallbladder health
How To Cook
Heirloom rice is different from the rice we find in the markets. We recommend soaking red rice varieties in water for 30-60mins for best results.
It is also recommended not to rinse the rice too much as its vitamins and minerals might get washed away.
- Rinse white rice grains with cold water.
- Place 1 cup of rice in a rice cooker bowl
- Add 2 cups of water
- If there is Pandan leaves, add 2 pieces (2 inches)
- Start cooking in the rice cooker. When rice finishes cooking, the rice cooker will switch to ‘keep warm’ (after approx 15 minutes). Allow rice to stand for 5 minutes with the lid closed before