Lemongrass is a tropical, green plant. The evergreen lemongrass plant is also known as Cymbopogon exuosus. It is widely used in cooking in most of the countries. On the other hand, lemongrass is a home-grown medicinal plant for centuries. Lemongrass oil is extracted from the leaves and stalks of the lemongrass plant. The color of the oil is bright or pale yellow. This oil has a unique, citrus fragrance. Lemongrass oil is frequently found in cleansers and many other cosmetic products.
Lemongrass has been used in cooking in Asian counties for soups, teas, curries, and fish. But it provides more benefits than using beyond the kitchen.
This is famous for treating remedies in aromatherapy to help to stress release, uneasiness, and depression. And also, people use in traditional medicine for pain relief and fevers. Lemongrass oil provides purifying benefits for skin, and it keeps the skin refreshed.It is used for medical care suppliers to treat high blood pressure and stomach-related issues. It has numerous potential medical advantages, as well.
This oil consists of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties. These properties provide a lot of benefits to people.
Benefits of lemongrass oil
- Adding a few drops of lemongrass oil to your meal may promote a healthy digestive system.
- As lemongrass oil is a soothing oil, it is widely used for massage. This oil purifies the skin, and at the same time, it helps in relaxation.
- It can be used as an insect repellent due to its strong citrus fragrance.
- This herbal oil is used mostly in perfumes, detergents, soaps, and other cleansing products.
- It is used as a natural remedy in healing wounds and helps prevent infection. So it fights against skin infections, pneumonia, blood infections, and severe intestinal infections.
- Lemongrass oil is used in traditional medicine to treat high cholesterol and control heart diseases.
- It helps to reduce blood sugar levels.
- This essential oil also helps to regulate the lipid parameters while increasing HDL, cholesterol levels.
Read More: රුව රැක ගැනීමට වැදගත් වන සුගන්ධ තෙල්
Caution: If pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult a physician. Discontinue use if skin sensitivity occurs. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use on broken skin or abrasions. Do not use internally, unless directed by a licensed Aromatherapist or physician—psychotropic in high doses.